Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Finding my way to SCCC.

Greetings SCCC Daily Readers,

I'm K. Moore's guest-blogger for the week, Dana.  I am also a student in the same blogging class as K. Moore at The College of Saint Rose.  Blogging here will be interesting; I believe will be able to offer a unique perspective on SCCC life.

Firstly, I must let you in on a little secret: I have never set foot in Schenectady in my life (I'm student without a car or a driver's license).  The implication of that is, of course, that other than my exposure to this blog, I have very little prior knowledge about Schenectady County Community College.  In fact, my first exposure to Schenectady's existence was thanks to the late, great Kurt Vonnegut, who set many of his stories in the region.  Anyone who's read any of his books (and if you haven't-- get to it!) will understand what I mean when I say that Schenectady exists in my mind as a place filled with time-travelers, alien contact, and quirky heroes.

So, what is it that someone with such Schenectady experiences can offer here?  I hope to share my perspectives shaped by being a resident student at a four-year collegeMy research tells me that there are nearly as many traditional students at SCCC as non-traditional ones, and that the majority of students are from the capitol region.  So, my college path serves as a nice contrast.  Maybe I'll even dig up some tasty tidbits in my research of Schenectady itself to share with you.

Keep tuning in to find out what happens next.

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment