Sunday, November 15, 2009

What SCCC has taught me outside enrollment.

So, today's post is my final post guest-blogging here at My SCCC Daily.  And I have to say I have learned some important lessons, with apologies to K. Moore.
When I first realized I was going to be blogging here I panicked for two reasons: firstly, I have enough trouble pulling myself together to keep up on my own blog, and secondly, as I mentioned in my first post, Schenectady was completely alien to me.  After initially dropping the ball, I was informed that dropping the ball was simply not an option.  I had to figure out how to accomplish what I needed to accomplish, even if I didn't believe I could (special thanks for the shove goes to, oh, you know who). No doubt, I will have to be reminded of this lesson again, but I think it is one of the big ones we all must learn, especially as students.  Just acting and accomplishing even when we doubt ourselves, is a skill that successful people utilize, and I'm guessing that acting in this way is what makes nontraditional students and returning students so well-adjusted.  Teachers will always give us assignments we're unsure about, bosses will always give us jobs that make us question our capabilities, but we must remember that not only are others always depending on us, but we are depending on ourselves.

So, I think I figured it out.  I blogged on a topic I knew little about.  Surely, had I been here for a month, rather than a week, I would have gotten even better, but once I actually decided to step up to the plate, I think I did what I thought was impossible.  It's pretty funny to think that a school I never enrolled in taught me this much.  On that note, I will allow you all to welcome back K. Moore, the true proprietor of this blog.  But do me a favor; if you like K. Moore's blog, put yourself out there too: leave a comment or better yet, join a club and then leave a comment.

Sayonara SCCC,

Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment