Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Liveblog from the Commons at SCCC

11:36: Well it's been over an hour and nothing too exciting has happened today, I do have to get moving on to other things. I guess that not everyday is as exciting as the last. Sometimes it's better to just be laid back and normal. I'm glad tat I didn't hear any teasing or see and fighting today. I guess I am thankful for peace and quite normal days.

11:34: Student is singing: "Ain't no mountain high enough, ain't no valley low enough" as she walks down the hall. Students here at SCCC love to sing

11:33: It's nice to see teachers stop their students in the hall and talk about their classes.

11:31: The Political Science Club just showed up and I feel so bad, he's sitting there holding up a flyer. I let him borrow my markers. 

11:28: It's nice to hear people talking about what their doing for the holidays. 

11:26: He added, "always remember that nothing is ever that difficult because you never know until you try.

11:24: What a nice student, the one that wrote about being thankful for SCCC.

11:21: Hey those kids are too young for college. What are they like 7 and 8?

11:19: I have another interested student who is finally going to write that he is thankful for "SCCC." This poster has been here for three days now and no one has wrote that down yet! Good for you Culinary Arts student. Good for you!

11:17: Things are starting to pick up around here. Security and maintenance are getting another table ready. I guess the Political Science Club is planning on having an event down here too. They are probably selling raffle tickets.

11:15: F-in this and F-in that. I'll never understand that aspect of culture. Wow, this girl just did a Thanksgiving dance!

11:14: This guy keeps walking back and forth on the cell phone. It wouldn't be so bad except that his boots aren't tied up and are making the annoying clunking noise as he walks back and forth, back and forth. To add to his loud annoying shoes, he's cursing like crazy and talking about bailing friends out of jail loud enough so that everyone is forced to hear his conversation.

11:11: This guy behind me is using the payphone. I didn't know that people still did that. Yesterday, this girl was on it for almost an hour. Today, this guy was really quick. I guess all college students do not have cell phones.

11:09: Another one that loves to color. I should have made her sign my poster board.

11:07: A lot of guys are wearing T-shirts today. It's kind of funny how T-shirts in cold weather is such a guy thing.

11:05: Those doors between Stockade and Elston Hall are quite squeaky. Time for some WD-40.

11:03: We are half way through out liveblog experience and all I've got so far are cupcakes, carolers, and Dave. Another student just complained about have class today for the entire time. I guess she thought that because it is the day before Thanksgiving that the teacher would give them a break. What's funny about the whole thing is that she's been a student here for a couple of years. She should know how we role at SCCC. We don't take days off.

10:59: It is pretty hard to liveblog and talk to students at the same time. A student just picked up a turkey to color and talked to me about caroling for our Christmas event. I am so excited.

10:56: I got a student to come sign my poster. She's thankful for her wonderful lounges (aka: People in the commons).

10:54: Why don't any of these students work on school work or read while they have time in between classes. I think one guy actually has some school work out. The rest of the students are playing music and games, or making out. Yes, the students here love to make out with each other in the Commons. Its like the back stairwell in high school.

10:49: The administrators are planning of transforming this space and making to more sectioned off, including a place for laptops, a pool table, comfy chairs and work stations.

10:47: This guy just walked by in a tank top. Yes it is a little warmer today than most, but it's still November. My dad wears T-shirts outside in this weather too though. 

10:45: And out the door he goes with a group of four girls now. They must all be friends.

10:43: It figures that today would be so uneventful... Wait a minute. I know that guy, that's David, what is he doing with those girls. He's got two kids at home. He just saw me, and boy did he looked shocked.

10:40: People keep walking by my table. They look interested but the also look terrified, like their afraid to stop because I might ask them to do something terrible.

10:37: OMG that girl just ate a cupcake. I hope that she's not going to eat that other one in her hand too! Listen to me I am insanely jealous of those girls eating their cupcakes.

10:35: The group of students who might be singing Christmas Carols for SAB next week are passing out cupcakes. It's too bad I started my diet two days ago; they look yummy.

10:32: There's not too much going on this morning here in the Commons. I think that a lot of students must be getting ready for Thanksgiving.

10:30: I made it. Better late than not at all-- that's what they say.

1 comment:

  1. This is amazing. One of your best posts. You're like an anthropologist of all things SCCC!

    ReplyDelete