Tuesday, November 10, 2009

I say Synecdoche, you say Schenectady: A Link-filled round-up.


I took a drive through Schenectady.

Greetings, SCCC Daily readers.  This is Daniel Nester filling in for Kristine as she guest-blogs elsewhere

A word about me: I teach at The College of Saint Rose in the English department, where I am teaching a blogging class, among other academic feats. How do you teach blogging, you might ask?  Well, the class falls under the rubric of "professional writing," and lots of professional people blog, Kristine included.

Anyway, onward to a free association-type SCCC round-up. 

My post's title alludes to a very, shall we say, eccentric movie called Synecdoche, NY. Your guest blogger is tolerant of many things eccentric, but he has to say it challenged even his avant garde sensibilities.  Some people loved it; me, not so much.  The movie's title is a play on Schenectady, New York, where the movie takes place.
A trio of stories rom the Times Union: The mayor will train you to be a better landlord? The first H1N1 shots have come to town. Schnectady county ranks high in the state for domestic violence.


The Business Journal reports that he family of Enotech founder Fred Kindl donated a building to SCCC.

An SCCC rep went out to Binghamton to woo seniors.

I didn't know that Schenectady's General Electric Headquarters has the distinction of having the sequential ZIP code 12345.

See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment