Tuesday, December 22, 2009

It's a wonderful lunch

Yesterday, my boss took the departement out to lunch at Aperitivo Bistro in Downtown Schenectady. What a treat!

We all preordered. I got the Grilled Cheese Panino with soup. Which humored my co-worker: "You go out to a nice place and order a grilled cheese? When my daughter was younger, it didn't matter where we went to eat; she always ordered a grilled cheese."

But this isn't the same grilled cheese that you make at home with two pieces of Wonder bread, some butter and a slice or two of American Cheese. This was a grilled bacon, tomato, mozzerlla, and provolone panino- Sue.


[Thanks for the photo Donna]

The soup made the meal even more grown up looking and tasting. It was a "tomato something" soup. And, several of my co-workers commented on how good it looked.

More important than my choice of lunch, or the appearance or taste of the food, was the company. I work with a very fun group of people who can always make me laugh no matter how messed up things are. Sharing this special holiday meal was such a treat. We got to get away from the office and relax after a long and trying semester.Some of our department are new to the College and have brought new ways of thinking and ideas. More than that, they have brought ambition and drive to make the College a better place for the students. I guess that's what makes our division so special-- our connections with the students and the importance of these students to each of our staff member's work.

 Thanks, Martha, for the wonderful holiday meal. It was nice to sit down with our work family and share the holiday spirit.


No comments:

Post a Comment